Friday, January 8, 2016

The Gluten Free Life

During the last few months our oldest son has been on a gluten free diet.  I just wanted to report that it hasn't been nearly as difficult as I thought it would be!  It has caused us to eat healthier whole foods, eat out less, and think more!   For the most part I use all the same recipes that I always have.  I use gluten free flour and it generally turns out just fine.  Today we made Puffy Oven Pancakes from my usual recipe and they were delicious. 

Ingredients

2
tablespoons butter or margarine
2
eggs
1/2
cup flour
1/2
cup milk
1/4
teaspoon salt
2
cups assorted fresh berries 
Powdered sugar, if desired

Directions 

  • 1 Heat oven to 400°F. In 9-inch glass pie plate, melt butter in oven; brush butter over bottom and side of pie plate.
  • 2 In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly with wire whisk or hand beater. Beat in flour, milk and salt just until mixed (do not overbeat). Pour into pie plate.
  • 3 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown. Serve pancake immediately topped with berries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

We've been gluten free (at least Justin has) for over a year now. It has taken a little time, but I've found some great recipes, and I've found that we eat a lot more vegetables. We'll have to do a recipe swap!

I hope it's helping Hyrum

Related Posts with Thumbnails