Thursday, November 28, 2013

Learning about Work, Responsibility, and Independence

Growing up my dad had his own business which presented us with ample opportunities to learn to work.  Our kids can't go to work with their dad, so I try to provide jobs at home to teach them to work and give them a chance to earn money.  They save some money for their missions and they learn to pay their tithing.  

A few jobs they have had lately to earn money are:

Help with the Christmas Cards:
 Our Oldest daughter helped organize the Spices and medicine cupboards:

 Over the Summer she also went through the bins of clothes that we are saving for little kids to grow into and cleaned them out and organized them.
  Our oldest son research, organized, and updated our 72 hour kits so that we are ready for an emergency.


They learn responsibility by completing their daily chores and being responsible to pick up after themselves.  

They are learning to be independent by learning to cook.  I really enjoy teaching them to cook! When they leave home I want them to know how to cook healthy meals, keep a house clean, and be organized.  













I also believe it is important to teach them while they are young and have time to learn.  When they get into High School they seem to be so busy and involved that they don't have as much time to learn these essential life lessons.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Tasha! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer a question I have about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

Emma said...

You are a great example of a mother to me. I love the picture of little miss covered in flour. We have a picture of one of our boys covered in baking cocoa!

Related Posts with Thumbnails