60- Minute Cinnamon Rolls (Becky Rose)
3 ½- 4½ c. flour
3 TBS sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tsp yeast
1 c. milk
½ c. water
½ stick butter or margarine
½ c. softened butter for spreading on dough
Cinnamon and sugar mixture (2 tsp cinnamon, ½ c. sugar)
Glaze – see below
Pre Heat oven to 425 degrees
1. Mix 1 ½ c. flour, sugar, and yeast in a medium bowl or mixer bowl.
2. Heat milk, water and butter until warm.
3. Add 1 egg and gradually add liquid to dry ingredients while beating with hand mixer (or in mixer) on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Add 1½ c. flour and beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in (or add if using stand up mixer) enough flour to make a soft dough. Dough should be a little tacky to the touch.
6. Knead 5 minutes. (I knead in mixer on medium speed.)
7. Put in greased bowl and let rise 15 minutes.
8. Punch down dough. Roll out into rectangle. Spread with soft ¼ c. butter and cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll up and pinch shut. Cut into rolls.
9. Place in greased cake pans. (If you wanna go crazy . . .pour some melted butter in each pan and sprinkle with additional cinnamon sugar mixture before adding rolls.) Cover and let rise 15 minutes.
1. Bake at 425 degrees until browned and center of rolls are firm to the touch. In my oven that is around 15-20 min. Cool slightly before glazing.
Doubled makes 4 - 9 x 13 pans.
Creamy Glaze Recipe: (Don’t double – already a lot)
2/3 c. melted butter (1 stick plus 2 TBS)
4 c. powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4-8 TBS hot water (one at a time)
In medium bowl, mix melted butter, powdered sugar and vanilla; add hot water 1 TBS at a time until glaze reaches desired consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls. ENJOY!