Monday, May 18, 2015

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up- Book Review


I recently finished reading this book.  

I am glad that I read it.  I have given away many garbage bags full of stuff to Goodwill,  I have thrown out garbage bags full of papers, my drawers have never looked better!  This book really motivated me to look at what I own in a new way.    

The most valuable lesson I learned from Marie Kondo is: 
Only Keep What Brings You Joy  


I would recommend this book, but I would first warn you that she is is an organizing expert from Japan and not all of her practices will apply to American families (especially big American families).  
I would also like you to know that I don't talk to my belongings :)  You will understand if you read the book!  

Overall, I am glad that I read about her method of decluttering and organizing!  


1 comment:

Jen Trost said...

I loved the book! I got rid of so much stuff... it's so fun :-) And I definitely like the idea of keeping what you love and not keeping something just because it was a good deal, it's good quality, someone gave it to you, etc. But I did wish she had a family (especially kids) to help a little more in that regard.

Related Posts with Thumbnails