Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Big Picture

May 19, 2015

Today I went to a routine O.B. doctor visit.  The nurse I usually see wasn't there so a new nurse showed me to my room.  I had my two little girls with me and seeing my daughters, the nurse asked if our new baby would be a girl or boy?

I responded that we are having a girl!  She commented on how fun it will be to have 3 daughters.

I smiled and said, "Actually this will be our fifth!  We also have three sons!" 

-- at this point in conversations there is usually silence because whoever has just figured out that we are having our 8th child usually thinks we are amazing or crazy!  

Trying to be nice the nurse said something about how I must like being pregnant or I must at least have great pregnancies.  

I responded by saying, "It's not that I love being pregnant, it is just that I really like my kids!"  

I reflected on that conversation throughout the day.  Why have I chosen to spend so many of the last 13+ years pregnant?  It is not because I love wearing maternity clothes, I don't enjoy gaining and then trying to loose large amounts of weight.  I definitely don't look forward to feeling nauseous for weeks on end.  I do it because I focus on the big picture.  I love that Heavenly Father has a plan for us as a whole human family, but he also has a plan for me.  I know that his plan for me was to be a mother of many children.  It is a job I am so thankful for every day (even on the hard days).  I know pregnancy isn't always pleasant, but creating life and having an eternal family is well worth the price!  

I just have to keep focusing on the big picture!  

2 comments:

Evaly said...

I have had that conversation many many times! You described it perfectly! Best wishes :)

Alli E. said...

Ha ha! That is too funny about loving to wear maternity clothes! So glad you see the big picture. You sure do have adorable.kids!

Related Posts with Thumbnails