Tuesday, June 9, 2015

2015 MOM ADVENTURE #1



You might remember that last year I wrote at article for Power Of Moms called, "Mom Adventures."  It is about a summer tradition that we have had for several summers to set aside one day a week that I focus on my kids and we have an adventure together.  Here is our first adventure for this summer:

We have been taking walks each morning this week by a beautiful lake near our home.  We usually end up walking about 2 miles.  Today we were determined to make the full loop around the lake which is about 4 miles.  The kids weren't worried about their ability to finish the course, they were worried about my ability to finish the course!  I am a bit slower when I am pregnant!  The kids were awesome, they pushed the stroller to give me extra speed and literally ran circles around me!  We completed the course in 1 hour and 5 minutes!  Which is quite remarkable considering the extra weight I carry, the stroller, and the fact that we had six kids! (one of the boys was at basketball camp)

We had so much fun and felt such a sense of accomplishment.  After picking up our basketball camp boy we went through a drive thru for hot dogs and went to a park we had never visited before and enjoyed the perfect 65 degree weather!  













1 comment:

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Looks so fun! I had such a good time catching up with you yesterday. You are such a great Mom and do such a wonderful job enjoying those kids of yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails