Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Two Winning Recipes


 My mom and sister tried this bread recipe and then emailed it to me.  It is so easy and so delicious! 
Artisan Bread
3 c flour
1/4 tsp yeast
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 c  water plus enough to clean dough off the sides of the bowl and form shaggy ball (be careful, you don't want too much water!)
3+ Tbs vinegar

Whisk dry ingredients in bowl, add wet and stir until a shaggy ball forms. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 8-18 hours.
Transfer to counter, knead 10 times and form into a ball. Place on parchment paper or small pie plate and let rise until double about 2 hours. 

About 30 min before baking preheat oven to 500 and place a Dutch oven or heavy stock pot inside (a big pan with a lid). Make one slash across top of loaf. Pick up by the paper / pie plate and transfer into the hot pot. Put the lid back on and place in the oven. Reduce the temp. to 425 and bake for 30 min. Uncover the loaf and if needed bake for up to 20 more min. Until golden brown, or 200 degree internal temp.




Amish Oatmeal

1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar (I used less)
3 cups oats
2 tsp. baking power
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
2 apples, peeled and diced
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup craisins

Combine all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes in a 9-inch square pan.  Spoon into bowls and serve with half and half or milk on top.   

I doubled the recipe.

All of my kids thought it was so yummy.  My four year old keeps asking me to make it again!  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This oatmeal recipe was AMAZING!!! I made it with coconut oil and it was so yummy. I even shared on FB! Thanks for posting it!

Erica in TN

Candice Kidd, RDH said...

I'm going to make that oatmeal!! Thanks for al that you do! You're inspiring!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails