Sunday, October 27, 2013

Be still and know that I am God

(I wrote this awhile ago)

Our baby is one month old today.  From the first minute she was born I knew I wanted to cherish every minute that she is a tiny newborn.  I did such a great job at the beginning of the month, but as we have stopped receiving meals, and life has transition back to full speed, I have also increased expectations for myself.  The last two days I have notice that aside from feeling sleep deprived I also felt frustrated that at the end of the day I wasn't able to accomplish more.  Tonight after dinner, I picked up our little bundle of joy and I sat on the couch and just talked to her and admired her sweet innocence.  The past two days I have forgotten to sit and just enjoy.  When Alexis was born the hospital gave me a little poem that I appreciate more now than ever before because I realize how quickly babies grow.

Cooking and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,

but babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow.

So go away, cobwebs and dust, go to sleep,

I'm rocking my baby, for babies don't keep.

I think that whether we have a new baby or not, we need time everyday to be still and know that I am God (Psalms 46:10).  When we are still we recognize his power, see the beauty, and feel his love.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails