Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Refreshed and Ready For Life

Pretend with me that this image from my phone is a clear picture:)

Today, I didn't feel much like exercising, but I loaded the kids in the car and we headed to our weekly exercise group.  Of course by the end of our workout I felt so much better.  After that we had a potluck lunch with a bunch of my favorite women.  It was so refreshing to visit as the kids ran and played in the gym.  I didn't realize how much I needed the chance to just visit with a bunch of moms who know what it is like to have hard days, and good days, and busy days.  I felt so refreshed as we shared experiences and ideas.  Hearing about one of my friends experience when she had twins + two other kids under the age of three and her husband was deployed for 8 months made me realize that my hard times just aren't so bad :)  

Sister Marjorie Hinckley said: “Oh, how we need each other. Those of us who are old need you who are young. And, hopefully, you who are young need some of us who are old. It is a sociological fact that women need women. We need deep and satisfying and loyal friendships with each other.”  
(Bonnie D. Parkin, "Oh, How We Need Each Other,"  March 2004)

I am so grateful for the women around me.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-M-E-N. Especially being around other woman who are good, kind people who lift you up.

You said it my friend.

-S

Kassi said...

I need to check this blog more often. I keep checking your other one. I just caught up. This totally made me cry. We are loving it here in Virginia but I really do miss Omaha. I wish we could live in one place long enough to have a deep and satisfying friendship. Hopefully after this job we an settle. I miss you and your positive nature. You are so easy to be aroun!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails