Monday, June 4, 2012

Thrilled

I get such a thrill out of teaching our kids. I love the summer when I can be the teacher.    Today we started our first book for "Five in a Row."  (a very simple program that uses classic Children's books to teach) This week we are reading "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel," by Virginia Lee Burton.  I love books by Virginia Lee Burton.  Her Illustrations are always so detailed and I love the creative way that her classic words fill the page.  Each day we will focus on a different subject as we read the book.  Today we talked about vocabulary words and made books to write the vocabulary words that we learn throughout all of our "Five in a Row" books.  


For us it is just a few minutes in the morning of teaching, the kids read their scriptures, read another book of choice, do their chores and they are free to be kids for the day! Happy Summer!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails